Friday, May 15, 2009

Congratulations, Ann!

I am utterly thrilled to link to this news item reporting that Ann Moffat, the director of the Westmount Public Library, in Montreal, will receive the Anne Galler Award at the ABQLA Annual Conference at the end of the month.

Anne (Galler) worked tirelessly for libraries, and librarianship, and her "vision and strong voice will echo for years to come." Her family continues to be very supportive of ABQLA, SLA and the library community.

Ann (Moffat) - wow, this is confusing - has been, on a personal note, one of my mentors in the library profession. Her poise, diligence, committment to excellence and encouragement were an inspiration to me, and a model for me, during my eight years at Westmount Library. I am very lucky to now consider her not only a colleague but also a friend, and I still rely on her excellent judgement, sound advice, and delicious café au lait.

Congratulations, Ann! Just to embarrass you further, I'm linking through to a picture of you, or maybe even two (egads!)

P.S. Do click through to the new WPL website, since I know Lora has worked very hard on it, and it's stunning. My favourite part is the teens page - hit refresh, and you'll see why.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Alex...without Ann, I don't know what we'd be looking at right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'd always be looking at our owls, but not much else!!!

    ReplyDelete