Saturday, February 28, 2009

Talkin' 'bout my generation

OK, I know that's a lame title. In case you didn't figure it out from my lame blog name, I am not so good with the titles.

Anyway, today my mum sent me this excellent article from the Gazette about generational differences in the workplace. She's going to be using it at work, and I think it's the most balanced article on the subject I've read yet. What do you think?

On a side note, I never got to Revenant last night. Instead, I slept for 12 hours. I think I needed it. Now, I'm off for a swim (and a run, if I feel like pushing my luck....) at the hotel. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. It's not an exaggeration to say that my jaw literally dropped when reading the Gazette article. I agree 100% with their description of Gen Ys in the workplace. As a Gen Y, it was eerie to read such an accurate depiction of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the comments about Gen X interesting - that because they entered a competitive workforce, they are very resume and career focused, they are more oriented to themselves than to the community, and they don't seem want to share information with Gen Y.

    I am from Gen X, I would certainly agree that "coming of age" during the recession of the early nineties has affected my outlook, but I don't think that I'm quite as competitive as some might think. If I am less in the habit of sharing information, it is perhaps because I have not had (until recently), many colleagues of my generation or younger to share information with!

    ReplyDelete