Now, my pretties, as a reward for following here, I give you .... a random Friday news round-up:
- Join the Coalition to Keep Canadian Heritage Support for Literary and Arts Magazines
- Why I'm a Slumdog fan, from the wonderful blog of Mitali Perkins (thx to Allison for telling me about this blog!)
- Just when you thought it was all puppies and rainbows: "Three-quarters of parents too busy to read bedtime stories!" AAAAHHH! To make it worse, "only three per cent of fathers now find the time to read to the kids compared to 89 per cent of mothers." SIGH.
- A little treat for surviving item #3 above: Spice of life: How writers evoke the past through food (nod to Hilary and Bec! Thinking of you with this post!)
- Complaining about the wet cold chez vous? My friend French Panic will set you straight, in print and in video, too!
- The Spanish National Library throws party via Facebook invites. Brave new world, folks!
As promised above, I am now off to score some dinner - I'm thinking cozy bar with wingback chairs - and then sleep. I'll be curling up with this.