Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blogiversary!

I'm not much for anniversaries, but I thought it worth mentioning that this blog was born one year ago today.

I'm still figuring out what I'm doing here - I'm surprised by the fact that I'm still at it, pleased to have a forum for thoughts that don't fit under any of my official blogging duties for LANCR, CLA Montreal Chapter or Librarian Activist, and thrilled to be keeping my writing muscles strong. I do struggle to find ideas and to ensure I post (as) regularly (as humanly possible), but overall I'm glad I stuck this out past the OPL Web 2.0 course.

A big thank you to all of you who are readers, and to those of you who've linked to me on your blogs. I really appreciate the sense of community tied to the blogging world. You guys make it worth it, and every comment still makes me excited!

This is not a terribly inventive post, so sorry, guys! I'm off to teach and then work the aft/eve shift now.... And then spend the weekend with KARE-LYNNNNN!!!

Current projects: a reading map for the Olympics (damn straight I'm linking to that great article about the torch...), a booklist of kids' books about orchestras (yes, Lemony Snicket's The Composer Is Dead will be in there), and various branch-related stuff, including a teen survey (send me your fav. Olympic and orchestra books!)

Currently reading: The Taken, by the mysterious Inger Ash Wolfe. It's a compelling read, even if I will never be a mystery addict.

4 comments:

  1. Keep it on going ma'm, you're doing it well. And need I say, you are a source of inspiration to us lowly library workers, and we keep on learning just by reading you! Great to have you around Alex! Pierre/NG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on keeping up your blog! Thanks for all your efforts, both online and in the branch!!! Kristina aka miss kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your anniversary Alex! And my all-time favourite orchestra book is, of course, The Philharmonic Gets Dressed, by Karla Kuskin, but I'm sure you've got that on your list already!

    ReplyDelete