I'm dropping in today to say:
- I secretly confess I watched the show (yeah, that's the girl from Dr. Who) that was based on (breaking news) this woman's life. Also, pretty courageous to come out with the fact that you were a call girl when your current job is, you know, "a respected specialist in developmental neurotoxicology and cancer epidemiology in a hospital research group in Bristol."
- I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling overwhelmed. Thanks to kindred spirit of the week, Girl About O-Town, for notifying me that Ottawa is getting its own Spacing blog!! Have you checked out the other ones (Montreal, Toronto, and more) ? They're great....
- We've reached max. capacity (60-ish) for the room for this event next week that I'm organising. Which is fabulous, but I'm having recurring daymares that we won't have enough chairs.
- What is American literature? What is Canadian literature? I'll pencil in my existential crisis, for, oh, say, sometime in late December. Sorry, folks, fully booked until then.
- File under: feel my pain. The next few weeks will include: prep a lecture for library school students at Western (1 week away), write intro for the lovely Laura speaking at this, write up notes about RA in a day (for my boss, and also to post here!), spend $1000 before Dec 3o on author visits, finish buying teen zone furniture, plan Jan - May programming schedule, plan my Acquisitions course at Algonquin for Jan, pack for England, and attend a baby shower and a goodbye party. Oh, gee, I think that's it. There are big-picture items, too, but I'll spare you.