- From The Guardian - The Booker prize judges let us down: Another prize for Hilary Mantel was unnecessary, and a missed opportunity to invigorate the books world - agree / disagree?
- From The Telegraph - Damn crazy people deface Orwell plaque (not the official article title)
- From Publishing Perspectives - Finns like books!
"There is an untranslatable Finnish word — sisu — which is closely tied to the Finnish character. It roughly means “perseverance in the face of adversity” and it applies here. With Finland as an example, the global publishing industry can take heart that whatever challenges publishers face, slow and steady gives you the opportunity to survive, and hopefully, to thrive."
- "Extending Our Reach: Reducing Homelessness through Library Engagement," the latest toolkit from the Office for Literacy and Outreach Services, is available now.
- Bizarre-Looking Libraries from All Over the World (at least two of which give me a headache)