Monday, January 3, 2011

Bah. Humbug.

Whew. Thank goodness the holidays are over.

Sorry, guys. I just find them ... somewhat bleak, with a few moments of real cheer. That's not a popular opinion, I know, so I keep it to myself.

In the spirit of this "Summary of appropriate responses," I offer you the following: My holiday was ok. I got some rest, read a lot of books (2010 favourites to add at the 11th hour: The beauty of humanity movement and By nightfall) and, well, we had to put my cat down, so that kind of sucked. She lived with my mum now, but has been with us since the mid 1990s when I was in high school.

In addition to being a bah humbug-y Christmas person, I also don't really get enthusiastic about new year's resolutions, but I can get behind these Reader's Resolutions from Seattle Public Library!

Things are getting busy again at work, but over the holidays I was grateful to be around, since I also caught up on some projects, including new shelftalkers. I promise that pictures of those, and other new treats, are forthcoming.

1 comment:

  1. I must agree that it is a relief & a marvel to survive the frantic antics of the holiday season.
    Sorry to hear about your cat. Pets are family.
    Best wishes for 2011

    ReplyDelete